Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Work Hard for the Money

I just put Kenley to bed and Matt is out longboarding with some Young Life guys, so my house is very quiet. As you might be able to tell from my one lonely post over the past 2 weeks, I am starting a new stage in my life as a working mom. I am working from home 3 days a week which makes working full time possible. It is such a blessing that I even have that option and that Matt has the flexibility in his schedule to take Kenley whenever my job doesn't allow me to watch her. At work, I have gotten right back into the thick of things which I like, but it also makes the balance challenging while working from home. For someone like me, who is a planner, having a baby makes you anxious because there is no way to predict what comes next. I am learning about letting go of control, slowly albeit, which is really good for me. I'm sure once the fall hits Matt and I will need to revise our plan, but for now it seems like it's going to work for us. As for Kenley, she has been developing new skills every day it seems. As you can see from the videos, last week she developed the ability to reach and grab for things AND she learned to roll over, which she is now a pro at. It's hard because I know I am going to miss things while I'm at work, but the fact that she is with her Daddy or her Memaw or her Grandma makes it okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment