Saturday, May 30, 2009

5 Full Years


Today Matt and I celebrated 5 years of marriage. The past 5 years have been the most FULL years of my life. Full of adventure and joy and frustration and surprises and change and discomfort and wonder and love...and I can't imagine having gone through it all with anyone else! Last night, to honor each other and our marriage Matt took me out to dinner and then we stayed at the Magnolia hotel in downtown Denver. Matt's original plan was to make the entire night a surprise, but after getting suspicious that he might be planning a night away from Kenley I made him spill it and prepare me to be without my baby. Although I ruined part of the surprise, I knew if I wasn't thoroughly mentally and emotionally prepared I would not have been able to be fully present with Matt all night. I had previously begun putting together a binder with helpful information and a copy of Kenley's schedule for potential babysitters, so I spent a portion of Friday finalizing that so I knew everything would be covered. Kenley spent the night with her Dobbie (Matt's mom) and aunt Katie while Matt and I enjoyed being able to focus our full attention on each other for the first time in 12 weeks. We went to dinner at Osteria Marco, an authentic Italian restaurant (with amazing cheeses made in house) followed by dessert at a nearby gelato place. You may have noticed a theme...well that's because my anniversary gift (really our gift) is a trip to Italy in January. Matt had already done all the research and set-up all the plans, he just needed my go-ahead to book everything! The trip is going to consist of us flying into Rome and then traveling down to Naples and the Amalfi Coast including Sorrento, Positano and Isle of Capri. Check out details @ http://www.fodors.com/world/europe/italy/amalfi-coast-and-capri/. While it was hard to be away from our Kenley bean, it was really nice to have that time with Matt to really celebrate 5 years of a great marriage. I'm excited to see what the next 5 are full of!

2 comments:

  1. Matt is pretty darn thoughtful. Adam and I have been talking about going to Italy for a while now. Do you want to pack the Brantleys in your suitcase? Maybe we can plan a trip at the same time and "accidentally" run into you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's AWESOME Anne! I'm pumped for you two! That trip will be a total blast. :)

    ReplyDelete