Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Week of Firsts

Kenley's 8th week marked a week of firsts for both of us starting with our trip to Casa Bonita last Friday. We knew one day we would have to endure Casa Bonita's cusine in order to introduce Kenley to Black Bart's cave,the cliff divers, game room and puppet shows - I just never thought it would happen so soon. Kenley (and I) also got her first taste of some new feeding experiences this week. Unfortunately, for both of us, Kenley's first time eating in a public restroom was the same night we found ourselves at Casa Bonita. On Monday, for Matt's birthday, we decided to see a movie. While it wasn't Kenley's first time @ a movie, it was her first time eating during a movie. We knew a 12:30 movie on a Monday afternoon was fairly safe, so we went for it. Kenley didn't make a sound, and after eating slept through the entire rest of the movie. Kenley also enjoyed her first time feeding in a dressing room on Wednesday night. After picking up a few grocery items at Target, I ventured into the clothing section to pick out and try on clothes. I'm not sure why as I knew nothing would fit. While we were in the dressing room my sweet Kenley got hungry and angry (like mother, like daughter) - so rather than attempting to keep her calm while checking out, I opted to just feed her then and there. I am sure I confused the dressing room attendant that came to check on me after being in there over 30 minutes. Last Sunday, the Browning's came to visit and Kenley spent her first afternoon at the Pearl Street Mall. We had lunch at The West End Tavern, Matt carried Kenley around in the Bjorn and we stopped for coffee and to feed Kenley at Paradise Bakery. Finally, last night Kenley spent her first night at a hotel. Matt & I, the Bocci's, and the Yeager's all stayed @ aflot - a new hotel in Broomfield. Lauren's sister, Hannah, watched Kenley and Blair while we went to dinner and had some drinks @ the hotel bar/lobby. Aside from Kenley's feeding schedule being askew, she had a fun night as did her parents. I was babyless for close to 5 hours -which was nice even though I did miss my Kenley bean.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, such a fun-packed week! :) Glad you are still able to enjoy all with the changes into motherhood.

    Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete