Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My First Mother's Day

Mother's Day is an interesting day for mom's (this I realized half way into the day). Being a mom is a lot of work. Physically, you give yourself over to your child starting with pregnancy, then labor, and now with feeding, carrying, and playing with her. Not to mention your body looks and feels very different than it did before becoming a mom. Mentally and emotionally a mom is constantly trying to learn what's best for her child and give that to them - for me it's trying to express an indescribable love for her through singing, hugging, kissing, smiling, etc., balancing time engaging with Kenley vs. teaching her to entertain herself, spending time with the Lord so I can best raise her to know Him, praying for her and her future...all this while reserving emotional and mental energy for Matt. So on Mother's Day, you want to feel celebrated, but you have to realize you're not the only mom. I had both my mom and Molly to honor as well. So for my family, we had to weigh in the wants of 3 different mothers, which made for a bit of a hectic day. Luckily I have a great husband who knows me well and knows how to make me feel honored so at the end of the day my first Mother's Day was a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment