Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Still sleeping...

It's 8:45 and I am trying to find ways to distract myself because my baby is still sleeping. I put her to bed after her 9:30 feeding last night and she's still asleep. I woke up around our usual wake-up time at 7:30 but she wasn't up yet so I fell back asleep. Next thing I know I'm waking up at 8:30 to a still sleeping baby. The past 3 days she has been so sleepy. I feel like I have gotten hardly any time with her and it's been a very busy 3 days. On Sat we started our day with a baby shower in Castle Rock. She slept the whole way there. She behaved herself well and hit it off with everyone. She's excited to meet her net friend Driggs soon. From there I drove us home, while she slept. When we got home I fed her and we both fell asleep right away and took a 2 hour nap. Sat night we had a surprise birthday party to go to. We got to party for a couple of hours and then it was bedtime. Sun morning we went to church where Kenley slept and then headed to lunch with my family. We had to make it quick because Kenley and I had a wedding shower at 2. Unfortunately during the shower Kenley got hungry a little earlier than expected. This normally wouldn't be an issue because I'd just throw on a cover and feed her during the shower, but I tried to look cute by wearing a dress...not conducive to feeding in public. After the shower we headed home where Kenley could take a nap in her crib, which she did. Sun night we all had to get to bed early because Monday was the Young Life golf tournament, which is an all day event (5:30am - 11:00pm for Matt). Monday Kenley and I had our normal morning (just a little less play time and little more sleep time) while Matt and my parents headed to the tournament. Matt's mom watched Kenley for a couple of hours in the afternoon while I headed over the the tournament to help in whatever way I could. Kenley joined us on the golf course around 3:00. I'm glad she wasn't there any earlier because it was so hot yesterday...mid-90's. I'm not sure if it was the heat but Kenley slept most of the afternoon as well. We were at the tournament until 9:00ish but I felt like I should bring her home so she could go the bed in her crib..and that she did at 10:00 last night and she is still there at 9:00 this morning! I think it may be time to go get her up...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you pimped your blog. It looks awesome. Now you are officially in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete